|Solvent Bottle Caps from Diba Industries|
|Open solvent bottles bear the risk of spilled chemicals or escaping solvent vapor. Omnifit® Labware connector screw caps and accessories help prevent these problems and offer the security of a safe and dependable solvent delivery system. The bottle caps can be either used on the supply side to provide a closed delivery system for the safe intake of solvents or for safe disposal of solvent waste, providing a closed waste system. An optional check valve and filter enables pressure equalization and prevents vapor escape.
|T-Series Waste Caps
Omnifit® Labware solvent waste caps are designed to suit a variety of common laboratory waste vessels. Due to the fact that waste systems require positive pressure to be applied in pumping waste solvent into the bottle, a vent port is required to allow pressure equalization. In order to control vapor in the environment released via the vent port, precautions for vapor containment should be taken, such as placing the system in a fume hood or connecting a vapor trapping unit. To control vapor escape:
· A solvent trap (Part # 009CF-TW) should be screw-fitted into the ¼"-28 UNF threaded vent port. As liquid enters the bottle by gravity flow or punp, vapor can pass through the trap, equalizing pressure. Dangerous solvent vapor is neutralized by the activated carbon contained in the unit.
· The integral break-through detector indicates by color-change when the vapor trap needs to be replaced. Once the active medium within the vapor trap has become saturated with solvent, the color change strip turns red, indicating that the unit must be replaced.
· Any unused port must be sealed using a Luer plug (part# 009LP) to prevent solvent vapor escaping directly into the environment. Note: The push-fit nature of the vapor trap and Luer plugs alows only low positive pressure to be applied to prevent Luer connections being loosened.
Further information: T-series waste caps
1. Choose the connection type you require for your fluid lines.
2. Locate the thread type of the bottle you wish to connect to.
3. Click on the recommended bottle cap type to receive further information.
GUIDE TO BOTTLE THREAD TYPES
All brand names and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All images copyright protected. Subject to modifications and errors.
For further questions, please don't hesitate to us.
|home | products | info | search | contact|
|Follow us on:|
|msscientific Chromatographie-Handel GmbH · Alexander-Meissner-Strasse 60 · 12526 Berlin · Germany
Fon: +49 30 6270 6087 · Fax: +49 30 6270 6089 · E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org · Web: www.msscientific.de
Last update December 2019 · Copyright © msscientific Chromatographie-Handel GmbH · All rights reserved